Wednesday, July 11, 2012

mountain bliss to desert heat

transitioned from sierra nevada mountain, river, lake bliss to the stifling heat of the desert. transition has been hard. i miss the mountains and yearn for the granite, the clear skies the cool evenings and the cold rivers and lakes. but the desert has its own gifts. here are my updates from the past couple of days:

7/8/12:
biking
through big trees
in and out of the light

beautiful bike ride through the park, gorgeous turns, gentle grades, an excellent workout surrounded by the beauty of Momma E. So grateful for my one-on-one time with me and Momma E.

We arrive in the desert around 8pm and it is still 100 F. Mattress comes outside under a cottonwood for naked sleeping with only a sheet of stars and a half moon to cover us.

7/9/12:
back at work. heavy heat. heavy heart. think, soupy mind where clarity is difficult. resistant to my reality. desiring memories from the past that produce enticing images, torturing me in my present.

feel sucked of all desire to do anything. my mind resisting and rebelling against my reality and desiring something else... what? not clear. mind wants anything but this, anywhere but here. i find peace at night under the stars. my soul is fine. my mind resists.

7/10/12:
blessed with a pink sky at sunset, the clouds make the colors complex and jaw-dropping.

worked until 7pm and it was still over 100 F so this is how we dealt with the heat:
- cold shower with all the clothes on
- air dry outside while hula-hooping
- wet clothes bike ride at sunset
- cold shower #2 with all clothes at 8pm (still 100 F)
- dinner in wet clothes
- cold shower #3 with clothes on at 9:30 (in the high 90s)
- hang out in swamp cooler until 11pm watching blue planet and dreaming of cool water
- sleep outside, naked with a sheet of stars above.

7/11/12:
yoga, sweet yoga. stretched my body out this morning with Patricia. Ethan came.

Yoga
Sweet Yoga
Love body, mind, soul.


No comments: