Wednesday, October 10, 2012

season change

Fall has arrived. This morning I had a hot cup of tea and I wore a long sleeve shirt all day. In fact, I wore a down vest this morning. The north winds are blowing in the cold while the sun still beats down keeping the weather in a delicate balance. The leaves on the cottonwoods are starting to consider the end of their life. They've done their job for the tree and photosynthesized, helped the tree to grow, but they now are turning downward, toward the earth, ready to serve the tree in a different form, as mulch that covers the ground buffering the roots from the winter chill. The days are getting much shorter and the nights longer and colder.
Having such defined seasonal changes triggers a desire for change in myself and my life. The long summer where everyday was just hot and sunny, same same every day kept me complacent with life. But this punctuated seasonal change stirs in me a certain kind of urge for change. It feels like a small bee in the center of my being that starts buzzing around, waking things up, slightly tickling my heart, reminding it of its true purpose, encouraging it to open up.

No major changes that I see on the horizon, but I feel the urge for change. And things are coming up - a birthday, a year with the SAME job (first time in my life)... we'll see how things unfold during this time of change.

No comments: